If we asked people, “What they will do in their holidays or how you will spend your holidays?” The majority of people will answer ‘Travelling’. Traveling is the best way to give relax your mind. It is the best way to get out of your comfort zone and invites you to a new experience of life in different ways. Traveling is something unique which helps us to learn about other culture. It helps to broaden your horizons. Travelling is a passion of many people whether it is an hour journey or ten hours journey, whether it is a domestic trip or internationally, whether it is with family or with friends; it doesn’t matter. And if your trip is protected under Travel Insurance against any unseen events than what else you want. It will be tension free journey.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance, the name already shows that insurance which protects a policy-holder while he/she is traveling. In other words, Travel Insurance protects you and/or family against travel-related accidents, unexpected medical expenses, losses such as baggage loss, loss of passport, flight delay, flight cancellation, etc. It protects whether it is a domestic journey or international. Travel Insurance can be customized according to the destination and the type of trip to be undertaken. Travel Insurance plans also carry varying cover for medical expenses, as per the country to where the travel is being done. Sometimes Travel Insurance policy can play the role of Health Insurance policy too.
You can avail Travel Insurance online and get an instant issuance. There is no need for medical checkups or complicated documentation, just a few clicks and the best travel insurance policy is yours.
Features & Benefits of Travel Insurance Policy:
- Total cover of overseas medical and hospital expenses
- Hotel accommodation for medical emergencies are also covers
- Total loss of checked-in baggage
- Personal Accident
- Delay of checked-in baggage
- Trip cancellation & interruption
- Loss of passport and loss of any other important documents
- Emergency cash advance
- Missed flight connection
- Home insurance cover
- Customized plans according to the destination, the premium amount varies as per the destination
- It covers personal liabilities, accidental death, travel delays, legal expenses, dental treatments, repatriation and emergency reunion
- Termination of employment (provided you did not know about it before you booked the holiday)
- Hijacking Distress Allowance
Travel Insurance Exclusions:
- Pre-existing medical condition and related complications
- If you travel against the advice of the doctor
- Medical expenses once the policy is expired
- Traveling for medical purposes
- Suicide, attempted suicide or deliberately self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder (such as depression, stress, anxiety, nervousness, etc), anxiety/stress/depression/nervousness having no underlying physical illness as a cause; venereal disease, inebriation, or drug abuse.
- Risky employment, self-exposure to unnecessary danger (except when trying to save someone), being involved in any unlawful act.
- Complications related to pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion or childbirth.
- Ayurvedic or Homeopathic treatments
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Spa treatments
- The cost of eye glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches, and other external appliances and/or devices.
- Delay of baggage when you return.
- If a passport is confiscated or detained by customs, police or other authority figures.
- If the loss is not reported to the police in 24 hours.
Types of Travel Insurance plans
- Family Travel Insurance – Family plans offer for two adults aged up to 60 years along with two children aged up to 21 years. Floater benefits are also available with family travel insurance plans. This travel insurance plan provides coverage for baggage loss, hospitalization (travel medical insurance) and other incidental expenses. The claim registering method of this policy is easy and it requires minimal paperwork.
- Student Travel Insurance – Most plans accept students aged between 16 and 35/40 years, who have enrolled at a foreign institution for higher education on a student visa. Existing Indian students who are abroad also qualified for these policies. This travel plan requires minimum paperwork.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance – Seniors who are aged up to 85 years are not required to undergo any medical tests while procuring a Senior Citizen travel insurance policy. It provides coverage for hospitalization, loss of luggage, delay in trip and trip cancellation.
- Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Plan – This travel plan is good for those people who travel frequently. This insurance plan provides extended coverage typically for a year so there is no need to apply for insurance every time they travel.
- Single Trip Travel Insurance Plan – Single Trip travel is for the single trip duration only. It takes care of the non-medical and medical (travel health insurance) emergencies in the course of a trip including loss of checked-in baggage/luggage coverage.
Travel Insurance is good for those who are travel regularly. Before buying any travel insurance, compare and analyze all the insurance plans and then decide. Premium also depends. Once you buy travel insurance, you can visit and explore many places without any tension because everything is already protected under that policy.