Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading day by day and countries to countries. There is no treatment and any medication of this virus; only precaution is care in this virus. Every now and then, medical experts are advising us to clean your hand and stay away from the crowded areas. Properly scrubbing your hands is one of the best ways to stop the spread of germs and viruses, and to ensure you don’t get sick yourself. Now the situation is; there is a huge shortage of hand sanitizer in the market. But don’t worry; making your own hand sanitizer is very easy and effective.
What ingredients do you need?
You need below items to prepare your own hand sanitizer:
- Rubbing Alcohol or Isopropyl Alcohol (99% Alcohol volume)
- Aloe Vera Gel
- An essential oil, such as lavender, tea tree oil, clove, cinnamon, or peppermint. You can also use lemon juice instead
Procedure to make hand sanitizer:
- Take 2/3 cup of 99% rubbing alcohol or Isopropyl Alcohol
- Take 1/3 part of Aloe Vera Gel
- Five-Six drops of Essential oil
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together well with the use of a spoon. The mixture should be completely smooth.
- If you want the solution to be thicker, add another spoonful of Aloe Vera.
- Or thin it out by adding another a spoonful of alcohol.
- You can add more drops of oil if you want a strong scent. All the essential oils have the added benefit of providing additional antiseptic properties to the mixture. You can also use lemon juice for fragrance.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use and your homemade hand sanitizer is ready.
You need to adhere to some tips before making hand sanitizer and these are:
- Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
- Wash your bowl and spoon before using them.
- Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they are well blended.
- Do not touch the mixture with your hands until it is ready for use.