YouTube is not a new name for us. Today it is one of the powerful social platforms where you can organize your video content for your audience. You can also add links and info about yourself to your visitors. You can upload any kind of videos like social, entertainment, comedy, political, personal, etc. on YouTube. YouTube is a very good platform to show yourself and your creativity. It is a very good medium for earning money also. You can create your own channel on YouTube, upload your videos, share your contents and earn money.
History of YouTube:
In 2004, three friends Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, and Chad Hurley realized that there is no one location where videos could be shared. They were employees of PayPal at that time. Then they launched YouTube in 2005. As a capital-funded startup, the idea for YouTube received an $11.5 million investment from Sequoia Capital in 2005. February 2005, the domain YouTube was registered in the headquarters in California. In April 2005, the first-ever video was uploaded by Jawed Karim named ‘Me at the Zoo’. After a Beta testing period, the site launched in December 2005. After extremely quick growth, Google acquired the company on October 9, 2006, for around $1.65 billion. Nike commercial became the first video to receive one million views. As of November 2019, YouTube has earned almost 30 million subscribers and 1.8 billion video views.
How To Create A YouTube Channel:
If you want to upload videos, add comments, or make playlists; YouTube is the best choice for you as a personal YouTube channel is available to everyone who joins YouTube as a member and it is free. YouTube is the most popular social platform. A survey report said that YouTube is more popular than Facebook. In fact, YouTube is the second-most visited website in the world behind Google—YouTube’s parent company. With such a massive reach, YouTube is a big opportunity for you and your business.
Here are some simple steps to create a YouTube channel:
- Create a Google Account
- Log in to YouTube with your Google account.
- Under your profile picture at the top right, select ‘Your Channel’.
- Click Customize channel.
- Use the drop-down menu next to your name to view your channel as Yourself, a New visitor, or a Returning subscriber.
- For personal YouTube account creation, input your first and last name into the required fields. For YouTube for Business account creation, click “Use a business or other name” which will lead you to a screen where you can enter your brand’s name.
- Click “Create” to activate your new YouTube account.
You can see some Tab buttons on your screen. Use the tabs to preview your channel:
- Home: This tab is what your audience sees when they visit your channel. They can view a feed of your activities or preview different sections of your customized layout.
- Videos: Use this tab to see a list of all uploads publicly available for subscribers or all the videos you’ve publicly liked. You can sort by most popular or date added.
- Playlists: This tab is a list of all the playlists that you’ve created.
- Channels: Feature other owned channels or creators.
- Discussion: If you’ve turned on the discussion tab, it will display comments left on your channel.
- About: Use this tab to add a channel description (maximum length of 1,000 characters). You can also add your channel country/region, business contact, and social media or other web links.
Now your channel can be seen by 1.3 billion people worldwide. Around 5 billion videos are watched each day on YouTube and 300 hours of video are uploaded each and every minute. In the years ahead, the support for YouTube is only going to get stronger and it has been predicted that around half of all under-30s will not pay for a TV subscription because of YouTube.